@drportnay

Follow me on twitter @drportnay for daily thoughts, comments on recent news items and retweets

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Best Health and Fitness Apps (According to me)

I love technology, especially the smartphone. I specifically love how the smartphone can be used to improve and track fitness, health, nutrition and even emotional well being. 

My current smartphone of choice is the Apple iPhone 6. Below you will find a list of iPhone Apps that I recommend for health and fitness. I have tried them all but the ones I currently use are starred (*) and at the top of each category. 

Please let me know if these are helpful and if you have found others to add to the list. 

Fitness Trackers
Apple's Health App (iPhone 5s/6/6 plus) *
Moves
Nike+ Fuel
Fitbit
Jawbone Up

Exercise Trackers
Runkeeper *
MapMyRun
Argus
Endomondo
Runtastic

Food Trackers
MyFitnessPal
LoseIt

Virtual Personal Trainers
FitStar *
Nike+ training Club *
Fitocracy

Just Getting Started
7 Minute Workout Challenge
Couch to 5K

Yoga
Yoga Studio *
Daily Yoga

Meditation
Breathe *
Calm
Happier

No comments:

Post a Comment