@drportnay

Follow me on twitter @drportnay for daily thoughts, comments on recent news items and retweets

Saturday, December 26, 2009

5 tips for getting what you need from your doctor

This is a great article. Doctors definitely need to learn how to be better communicators.

I tell all my patients to bring with them a list of all the medicines they take. I tell them to please write down questions prior to our visit. I give them paper to takes notes during our visit. I try and provide them with a list of websites I have visited that I think provides good quality info (see my blog for a list of these sites).

Here's the article:

"Doctors are often rushed, so patients must come to appointments prepared. Learn five steps to having a successful doctor appointment."


http://rss.cnn.com/~r/rss/cnn_health/~3/J655gMaI74M/index.html

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment