More good news about the Mediterranean Diet -- Researchers from Greece have reported in the journal Neurology that adherence to a Mediterranean Diet can significantly improve memory functioning.
You will recall that the Mediterranean Diet has been consistently shown to be the most "heart healthy" diet.
Key components of the Mediterranean diet:
- 2 servings of "oily" fish per week
- nuts (almonds and walnuts)
- lots of fruits and veggies
- low fat or nonfat milk products
- red wine
- low quantities if red meat
- *** frequent exercise