What to do? So many of my patients are constantly reminded of just how hard it is to lose the weight once it has been gained. Therefore, any strategy to keep the weight off in the first place seems to me to be the smartest.
Here are some ideas that I have come across to help my patients during this season of temptation.
- Eat smaller portions of food
- Eat slowly
- Go for a walk after a meal
- Off to bring a low calorie dish to the party
- Go ahead and mingle - get away from the food
- Say "no" to fast food
- Be realistic - now is not the time to diet but to maintain