@drportnay

Follow me on twitter @drportnay for daily thoughts, comments on recent news items and retweets

Friday, June 18, 2010

How I used my @BlackBerry today

I took a break from my busy Interventional Cardiology (IC) practice (www.cafconline.com - "shameless plug") to attend a conference with other leaders of IC at Mt Sinai Medical Center in NYC.

Leaving in Fairfield, CT, I took the Metro North commuter train into the city. While on the train, I listened to a podcast on @PodTrapper.

While listening to the podcast, I also could spend my one hour train ride doing the following:
- answering emails I had "flagged" for follow-up that I had not had time to digest and process from the day before
- read some interesting articles from @NYTimes through the BlackBerry app
- read my RSS feeds on @Viigo
- read and tweet to @twitter through my favorite twitter client @socialscope

When I arrived in NYC, I used @BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) to let my know I had arrived safely.

While at the conference I was able to keep in touch with the world using the phone, BBM, sms text, and email.

I took lots of notes and photos during the conference and uploaded them to @EverNote.

I met lots of interesting contacts and exchanged contact info with the @DUB app.

Throughout the day, I kept up-to-date on the @fifa @worldcup by following the matches on @scoremobile for blackerry.

Prior to leaving NYC, I checked the Metro North schedule on the web.

On the way home, I relaxed listening to my favorite "John Mayer" station on @Pandora.

As you can see, despite all the hype about @Apple / iPhone and android -- I love my @BlackBerry. Its realiable, powerful and a productivity beast.

This morning, I'm doing the same thing all over again. In fact, I'm writing this from the train now and will be sending it via email to @Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment