@drportnay

Follow me on twitter @drportnay for daily thoughts, comments on recent news items and retweets

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Conversation With Dr. Peter J. Pronovost: Doctor Leads Quest for Safer Ways to Care for Patients

Dr Pronovost is brilliant in his ability to find ways to simply yet innovatively improve safety in our hospitals. I was fascinated to read about his projects in Atul Gawande's "A Checklist Manifesto".

I'm currently working with my local hospital on many safety measures. My focus is to examine the processes in place and work to simplify and standardize to improve safety.

Here's an article from the New York Times I hope you find interesting.

"Dr. Peter J. Pronovost, medical director of the Quality and Safety Research Group at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, travels the country advising hospitals on innovative safety measures."


http://feeds.nytimes.com/click.phdo?i=7b593e455c8b04f85609c115bfe985ce

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment