We just keep getting bigger and bigger
- 3/5 adults are overweight
- 1/5 adults are obese
- a child born in 2000, has a 1/3 chance of becoming diabetic
- 1/3 children in America eats "fast food" every day
- Diabetes has reached such an epidemic that it it no longer confined to adults, hence the name change from "Adult-onset Diabetes" to "Type-II Diabetes"
This really gets we thinking:
- we eat to much or the wrong stuff
- eating healthily costs too much
- we are a sedentary society
I we do not make some drastic changes to ourselves and our kids, its terrifying to me to think of what the future will look like.